Details of the Consumer Survey
- Initial number of 1585 global and local brands grouped in 28 categories, was whittled down by the Independent Council of Marketing experts to 1000 reputable brands.
- This list was taken into the consumer survey
- The respondent’s evaluation of the brands was based on Superbrands’ globally used parameters of quality, reliability and distinctiveness.
Consumers are contacted across Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda
Face-to-face interviews are conducted in the main cities of Nairobi, Mombasa,Kisumu, Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Mwanza and Kampala, Mbarara and Jinja.
Respondents were split equally on gender and in terms of SEC in line with the population
Actual text in questionnaire
We will ask you about your perception of brands across a range of sectors; for each category you will need to select which of the brands in that sector are in your opinion Superbrands, if any. Please consider the factors stated on your show card when deciding:
- Quality – do you believe that the products and services sold under the brand name are of good quality
- Reliable – do you trust the brand to deliver consistently, meeting its promises at all times
- Distinctive – do you think the brand is suitably differentiated from its competitors? For example does it have a personality or image that makes it stand-out